Freelance Ad-Hoc Arts and Crafts Workshop Assistant
Adhoc Workshop Assistant required for adult Arts and Crafts Workshops.
We are looking for a fun, enthusiastic and out-going freelance workshop assistant(s) to join our events team.
Based in Manchester, we provide a huge range of arts and crafts workshops for adults, including drawing, painting, textiles, clay and more. We are looking for an assistant(s) to help manage these workshops, to assist the artist/tutor and to be a representative of Cotton On MCR.
About Cotton On MCR:
Cotton On MCR is a Manchester based Art Events company. We pride ourselves on putting together a huge array of new and exciting events including workshops, art talks, art fairs and exhibitions. We also do our best to promote local artists, sharing their work on social media and hosting interviews and features on our website. As well as all that, we let everyone know what else is happening in Manchester, listing some of the regions best and upcoming exhibitions and events.
As the restrictions of lockdown are slowly easing, we have a huge array of upcoming events, so we are looking for out-going, organised and confident assistants to help manage those.
The successful assistant(s) will earn £9 per hour, with the average workshop being between 2 – 4 hours. We will be looking to host up to 5-6 workshops a month evenings and weekends. They will also receive an additional £8 towards travel and parking.
The role consists of, but not limited to:-
- Picking up and dropping off event equipment from the Cotton On MCR base and taking that to the workshop venue
- Helping the artist set up the workshop, laying tables, sorting equipment, adding Cotton On MCR branding to the venue etc
- Checking the health and safety of the venue using the Risk Assessment and Health and Safety checklist provided, and adapting the workshop to meet these guidelines
- Signing people in to the workshop
- Speaking to the participants about the workshop and the health and safety guidelines
- Speaking to the participants about Cotton On MCR as a whole
- Assistant the artist as they see fit, be it handing out equipment, keeping areas clean and tidy, helping in guiding the participants with advice and tips etc.
- Handing out information provided to the participants including feedback forms and discount cards etc
- Making sure people are aware of any Covid19 restrictions we have put in place, and enforcing this should participants not be following the guidelines
- Documenting the workshops by taking photographs and images throughout, checking that the participants are happy for you to do so before including their faces.
- Gathering feedback and comments from the participants to help us further develop and improve our events
- Cleaning the venue following the workshop thoroughly
- Gathering feedback from the artist/tutor
This role requires you to understand a wide range of art techniques, materials and mediums, therefore it is highly preferable that you have an arts and crafts background, be it a degree, a diploma or working experience etc.
A full UK driving license with access to a vehicle is essential – current workshop venues based in Stretford, Stockport and Littleborough.
Previous experience in working on events/workshops in a creative environment is preferred.
Excellent communication skills a must, and you must be confident in talking to large groups of people.
You must be able to take direction from us here at Cotton On MCR, as well as the artist/tutor in charge of the workshop.
You must be able to work as part of a team, be cheerful, efficient, presentable and reliable.
Availability during evenings and weekends is essential.
This is a freelance role, so you will be paid based on the events and hours you work.
Work to begin this Summer.
To apply, please send a copy of your CV, alongside a Cover Letter to [email protected]
Deadline Monday 19th July.